Our client builds a legal research and analytics software for legal professionals, law firms, companies, and individuals to search through the law, manage their cases, and grow their business.
Their challenge is to offer the latest technologies in artificial intelligence through the most simple, efficient and well designed product to our customers, in a traditional industry.
With edge machine learning (including deep learning) and natural language processing (NLP) technologies to the largest database of court decisions ever gathered. Data is the core of their business.
Their vision is simple: advancing open justice around the world!
As a Data Engineer, you will :
- Build a robust and scalable data infrastructure to collect and make available terabytes of datas
- Identify needs of various feature teams in a high-performance context
- Lead and participate to many projects in a fast-growing company
- Your work will have a deep impact on company’s growth and how legaltechs will shape the future of law jobs!
- AWS and its components for our infrastructure (S3, Lambda, EC2, RDS…)
- Python and/or Node.js for stack
- PostreSQL and ElasticSearch for databases
- Luigi and Airflow to orchestrate workflows
As it takes exceptional people to build the future of law, we are looking for an exceptional Data Engineer to make an impact during the collect and process data!
- A passion for building large and complex data infrastructures
- Great software development skills in Python and/or in Node.js
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and its databases (PostreSQL)
- A strong interest in cloud environments (AWS, GCloud)
- A knack for sharing your work and make people around you better teammates
- Excitement about taking cutting-edge technologies and techniques to one of the most important and most conservative industries
- English fluency
Bonus points if you have :
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including working closely with Data Scientists
Good knowledge of ElasticSearch
- An experience with containers in production (Kubernetes / Docker)
- A good knowledge of French, as you will process French court decisions. It is not required to have an experience in the legal field for this job, however, some interest in law is always a plus.
- An experience with managing large-scale crowd-sourcing data labeling and acquisition. (Amazon Turk, Crowdflower, etc.)