Our customer is leading provider of open and fully interoperable IP, Optical & Software solutions to service providers around the world
Our customer is looking for a new Manager, SDWAN R&D, based in Vélizy/Massy (France)
Reporting to Senior Director SDx & Cloud, she/He leads all R&D teams developing SDWAN solutions leveraging the product lines of Access and Edge networks. She/He coordinates efforts from an international team to reach operational objectives and delivers the company’s strategy and vision, while ensuring that each member of the team feels well and performs at her/his best.
She/He has full accountability for developing and delivering the following:
- SDWAN management software designed to be run on Docker based virtualized environment for on premise and cloud deployments,
- Telco grade solution for Tier 1 customers and multi-tenant users,
- Highly secured and scalable solutions interconnecting thousands of routers
More specifically, She/He will be in charge of the following activities:
- Manages an international team of 25+, split between France, Belgium and India.
- Hires, motivates, trains, develops and coaches assigned personnel in accordance with HR Group policies and corporate strategic objectives.
- Is accountable to ensure that her/his teams delivers on time, on budget and with the right level of quality.
- Writes and reviews job descriptions and leads the hiring process for her/his activities. Ensures new colleagues integrate well the company.
- Product & innovation
- Stays up-to-date with the latest SDWAN and cloud-native technologies, as well as competition in our domain, while also delivering compelling values.
- Develops and promotes a strong vision for the SDWAN portfolio in order to accelerate our growth and seize a significant piece of the market especially in virtualization of the enterprise branch offices and in edge computing.
- Accelerates the Cloud and Edge Cloud technology integrations to execute the SDWAN roadmap.
- Agility, Communication & Processes
- Assesses efforts and allocates resources, in line with the company priorities and directions, and in full alignment with Agile Masters leading the Agile “squads” in which her/his team members are assigned.
- Manages the activity budgets, from budget construction to follow-up. Is able to build financial analyses, with support from Finance department, to ensure we take the best investment decisions. Works closely with Procurement department.
- Interacts with other stakeholders in the company on a very regular basis ensuring transversal alignment and managing external dependencies: R&D, HR, Operations, PMO, Product Line Management, Manufacturing, Procurement.
- Strong team management experience of R&D, Engineering or IT departments
- Previous experience in working in international environments
- Previous experience in working in agile organizations, with ideally some experience as Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Very strong knowledge in Cloud, Virtualization, Telecom technologies
- Masters Routing and Networking: BGP, IPsec, IPS/IDS, Linux networking, and any Yang/Netconf based configurations for any of the Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Ekinops, Nokia equipment
- Strong experience in software development using git and DevOps practices
- Know-how with private or public cloud is a plus : Openstack, Proxmox, Azure, AWS, GCP, VMWare
- Background with Linux based containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift.
- Fluent in English and French