Our customer is an international retail luxury group based in Paris.
The role is Network Architect, in the Infrastructure team, managing both Network and Security perimeters.
The role is based in Paris and reports to the Global Network manager, also located in Paris.
The network perimeters covered by the role are the remote sites LAN (wired and wireless), the Datacenter infrastructures, and the WAN connectivity between all the sites.
The Network Architect is working on all technical and functional aspects of network infrastructures.
- Gathering requirements from services/applications owners, and proposing the most appropriate and efficient infrastructures, from technical and financial perspectives.
- Keeping communication channel with the regional teams to answer or anticipate any needs.
- Providing management and business reporting and documentation on the covered perimeter.
- Participating in selection of vendors or carriers and ensuring their management along the contract.
- Defining and following budget allocation of projects and contracts (OPEX, CAPEX).
- Ensuring a technology watch of the market to identify new solutions or innovations that would bring added value to business.
- Designing the WAN and LAN infrastructures, in collaboration with other internal teams and vendors, and regularly reviewing it to improve their performance and reliability.
The company is currently in a large WAN transformation project to renew it with SD-WAN technology.
- Defining hardware and configuration standards for LAN and WiFi in our 2000 remote sites (stores, offices, warehouses etc).
- Maintaining and reviewing the internet access architecture for remote sites and datacenters to provide a secured and efficient service.
- Contributing to the level 3 support activities for the regions, with his/her expertise on products and solutions.
- Maintaining product roadmap, service catalogs and ensuring the knowledge and competencies transfer within the internal teams.
The profile must be able to:
- Collaborate with the regional network teams and operation team for the implementation and update of the policies, standards and guidelines.
- Engage in projects delivery with multi-disciplinary teams, implementing automation and tools.
- Lead the standard development and ensure their deployment through procedures applicable to the Global organization.
- Manage external providers and vendors and challenge them when appropriate.
- Expertise in LAN and WiFi environment
- Significant SD-WAN understanding and experience
- Advanced skills in the Secured Web Gateway (Cloud proxy)
- Good knowledge in IPAM, DHCP and DNS solutions
- Good knowledge in advanced network infrastructure and routing protocols
- Good knowledge in datacenter infrastructure is requested
- NAC knowledge experience is strongly appreciated
- Knowledge in configuring monitoring tools
- Knowledge and interest in Cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Alibaba)
- Interest in a variety of DevOps tools and techniques
o Meraki (MS, MR, MX)
o Cisco Wireless infrastructures (WLC, Prime, ISE)
o Zscaler Cloud service
o Cisco Datacenter infrastructure (Nexus)
o F5 Load balancer
o Infoblox for IPAM/DNS/DHCP
o ThousandEyes monitoring tool
o Firewall: Checkpoint & Fortinet
Experience and qualities:
- Computer Science / Information Technology Degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience on network infrastructures.
- The ability to work independently, within a team, and seek needed information from other teams.
- Good communication, written and spoken.
- He/She must able to speak both to technical contacts and management/business
- Fluent English (written and spoken) is mandatory
- Being motivated and enthusiastic to work in an everchanging and complex environment.
- Interested to work in a multi-cultural environment, with all the challenges related to it.