Our client provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. It’s the leader on the market.
You will be reporting to the Head of Services, carrying out engineering tasks on the company’s various platforms and solutions throughout the lifecycle from pre-deployment, through deployment to in-life support.
You will provide technical reports on progress and highlight problems and issues as they arise, escalating where necessary. Some decision making is required for this role but will be limited to technical issues. You will also be required to document clearly and concisely appropriate technical documentation that will be a part of a set of reference documents for the platforms and solutions deployed. The role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Deploy platforms/systems according to deployment plan and the requested activities (in line with specifications)
• Test the company’s platforms/systems and their interfaces prior to deployment and/or following deployment as part of customer acceptance
• Diagnose problems, find solutions, workarounds and have them approved by the technical approver of the project
• Create and maintain technical documentation for the systems engineering team, the wider company and the customer
• Identify, research and document specific problems and develop resolutions
• Participate in large and small projects as required
You ideally have a degree in engineering (computer science or related field) and also have a first experience as a system engineer. The candidate must be fluent in French & English both oral and written.
You ideally also have most of the following technical Skills & competencies :
• System : Linux (RedHat), Unix, AIX, Windows
• Database administration ( Oracle, MongoDB)
• Virtualization (VMware)
• Monitorting (Kibana, grafana, Nagios)
• Video streaming technologies knowledge (HLS, Smooth Streaming, Dash)
• Knowledge in integrating upon/with Cloud services
• Configure & perform basic Troubleshooting (firewall, switch, router, protocols…)
Aymeric RAMBAUD, Actility
Gabor POP, Actility
Aurélien GARLAN, THALES