Editeur de logiciel télécom
Our customer is leading provider of open and fully interoperable IP, Optical & Software solutions to service providers around the world.
Our customer is looking for a new Vice President of Manufacturing.
Reporting directly to the COO, the Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall strategy, development, and execution of global manufacturing activities for the group.
The VP Manufacturing will lead all aspects of the manufacturing organization, including product industrialization, manufacturing process engineering, EMS selection and management, production test development, materials sourcing and planning, purchasing, supply chain management, products manufacturing, and inventory control.
• Manage the manufacturing team as one team taking in charge the manufacturing activities for the Transport and the Access product lines.
• Align manufacturing with company objectives and improve processes in supporting group growth goals
• Key objectives for the department includes : Improving company gross margin, on time delivery, customer satisfaction, quality –for the product and services delivered by the department-, cycle time reduction, inventory control and reduction, …
• Develop and lead a continuous improvement culture focused on activities to include ethical behavior, cost/efficiency, environmental aspects, employee engagement, safety.
• Responsible for conforming with the company’s quality management system requirements, as well as contributing to its overall effectiveness, and the ultimate goals of customer satisfaction, product compliance and ethical practices/behavior.
• Participate in business planning process, develop and communicate the manufacturing strategy, provide input from a manufacturing viewpoint into product design, standardization, manufacturability and required technologies. Develop business models for all manufacturing locations that support current and future business strategies.
• Conduct site reviews, participate in status updates, planning reviews, prepare status updates for corporate review. Drive initiatives such as the implementation of Lean Manufacturing where possible.
• Perform organization assessments and conduct performance reviews with developmental plans. Insure that developmental/ training programs are in place or requested where needed.
• Manage the purchasing strategies, policies, and process in a cost and inventory conscious mind-set taking into account quality, lead times, optimized MOQ, payment terms, flexibility etc.
• Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key suppliers and plan strategic meetings with Key suppliers top executives involving also the COO.
• Supervise the purchasing team and guide them in the pricing negotiation strategies, contracts negotiation, frame agreements and payment terms negotiations with suppliers
• Make sure that the company works at developing reliable alternative sources of supply meeting company requirements at the most competitive cost
• Make sure that your team collaborate with R&D, Product Management in order to select the most cost effective solutions in terms of components, subassemblies, subcontractors
• Follow closely the selection and strategies related to the company EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services)
• Participate to the selection of the new company ERP and be an active player in the setup of this one making sure that the company will get an enhanced solution able to support the high growth targeted.
• Engineer, Master’s degree in electronic or equivalent with strong experience in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management (3-5 years)
• Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience at the executive level and a minimum 10 years experience with production and materials management
• Prior experience with site profit and loss management
• Multi-site operational management
• Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts or similar
• Experience in international sourcing and purchasing
• Knowledge of the electronic components market
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English (fluent)
• Charism to develop C relationship with key suppliers and subcontractors
• Proven ability in negotiating contracts
• Office Pack (very good knowledge of Excel)
• Good knowledge on ERP system At a personal level you will also demonstrate:
• Ability to be a team player
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Eagerness to work hard and to persist in meeting goals and deadlines
• Strong analytics skills
• Ability to think at a strategic level
Aymeric RAMBAUD, Actility
Gabor POP, Actility
Aurélien GARLAN, THALES