Our client is a world leader company in retail.
“IODS” (Indexed Operational Data Store) is a cache repository built to host information extracted from key backoffice systems (backoffice retail, supply chain, products, customer…) and exposing that information with high scalability/availability through an API Layer. The purpose is that front office applications consuming this information (ecommerce, in store apps…) have a reliable and highly available/scalable fall endpoint to consume data from. IODS is a critical middleware and key enabler for several business-critical applications.
The IODS service manager will supervise all actions related to the live run of IODS environment, erecting rules and guidelines to guarantee that all project or maintenance actions are done in respect of the IODS criticality and uptime. This role requires a proven track records either in infrastructure or middleware systems operations.
• Build and enforce rules and timing for moving application to production, protecting productive environment from disruption and regression.
• Manage communication to client-application community about systems availability and reliability KPIs
• Manage knowledge base on IODS in collaboration with projects teams and maintenance 3rd party so that all run procedures are generic and documented
• Coordinate infrastructure experts (DBA, platform architects, external resources…) so that all actions made on IODS platforms respect IODS critical uptime and availability
• Manage deliverables, pre-requisite and evaluation of the maintenance externalized team
• knowledge matrix
• People availability
• People performance
• Respect of the SLA from vendor to our client in managing incidents
• Monitor and communicate on end to end data quality + daily data availability in IODS
• Animate cross-area Problem management and constant improvement
• Serve as a primary point of contact and escalation point for all topics related to IODS run and maintenance
Environment / cooperation
• Interact with IODS Product owner (functional) to capture delivery roadmaps and planned go live
• Interact with infrastructure platform experts for technical requirements definitions and executions, support coordination, technical roadmaps
• Interact with enterprise architecture for overall architecture consistency (interface design…), technology choices, integration and dataflow models.
• Any live component among
• IODS platform (Solr Cassandra)
• upstream feeds from source systems (spark/Nifi)
• downstream data publication API
Technical Knowledge – mandatory
• English FLUENT (mandatory)
Aymeric RAMBAUD, Actility
Gabor POP, Actility
Aurélien GARLAN, THALES