Our client is gathering worldwide fast growing luxury brands. Retail excellence and customer proximity is a key focus of development. To take the edge in these areas our client is investing a lot on developing omnichannel capabilities, digital in store and customer insight.
New technologies are opening a completely new range of possibilities, getting closer to the customers and allowing direct interactions.
To leverage all these new capabilities, our client is looking for a POS Technical Expert / Solution Architect for the Point of Sales and Payment Solutions.
This position will report to the Retail Front Office Area manager based in France.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Be the technical referent for any POS related topic.
- Drive strategic approach for technical roadmaps.
- Design technical architecture for POS, recommend POS integration within IT landscape with constant care for sustainability and performance.
- Contribute to solution design by acting as solution technical expert and technical advisor.
- Actively contribute to projects by providing the right technologic insights and recommendations.
- Challenge partners in their proposals and drive implementation. Ensure technical and performance tests are valid to ensure optimal run conditions.
- Ensure innovation advisory by following up market trends and new technology. Run regular studies to evaluate use cases and added value of new technologies for our client and its Brands.
Include selected innovations in roadmaps and manage implementation projects.
Non exhaustive examples could be :
- Mobile Payment
- Trends for next generation mobile devices and OS
- Consolidation and rationalization of Payment Services Providers worldwide
- Omni-channel customer journey (store to web / web to store / interaction with customer mobile)
- RFID use cases
Average split between Technical leadership on projects and innovation scouting would be 70%-30%.
Based in France, with regular travels to Italy (Florence)
Technical skills :
- Senior – 5-15 years in technical IT position with leadership (Mandatory)
- Strong experience in store solutions (Mandatory)
- Experience in successful WW POS implementation, based on a Core Model and with a WW and multi-business roll-out
- Experience of a retail front-office international model with coordination of regional insights and localization (electronic payment with localization constraints, fiscal and legal constraints, mobile payment technologies and subsequent norms etc …)
- Successful experience of WW providers management in technical choice and implementation drive
- Relevant experience in innovative technologies in store, service oriented architectures
Soft skills :
- Relational skills, team-work oriented and collaborative, Multi-cultural experience
- Problem solving skills
- Rigorous, organized, committed, transparent (Mandatory)
- Written and oral communication skills
- Successful experience in technical partner management (Mandatory)
- French (Optional)
- English: Excellent level of spoken/written English is required (Mandatory)