Our client is a Canadian multinational networking equipment manufacturer. Their products are highly technical and prospective new customers require technical assistance to select the correct product and after purchased to deploy in their networks.
That is why our client is looking for a Pre- Post-Sales Support Engineer to work with the Territory Sales Manager. The territory consists of France, Eastern and Southern Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
As the futur Pre- Post-Sales Support Engineer, you will :
- Provide pre-sales support to Sales Team to win new sales. This includes proposing solutions to the prospective customer’s stated problem.
- Assist the Sales Manager to win new orders. This includes following up incoming leads by telephone, email and on-line chat.
- Keep up to date on technical knowledge – both the company products, and developments in the field of networking.
- Communicate with resellers and customers about technical requirements and solutions.
- Carry out Proof of Concept (POC/Eval) activities.
- Work with clients to understand, capture requirements and work out the technical
- Solve technical problems for customers who are first installing the company’s
products or encounter problems any time after installation.
- Most of the above tasks are done remotely – that is, by telephone and on-line
remote tools. Occasionally a site visit to the customer is the best way to meet the requirement.
- Strong knowledge of Networking technology, protocols, standards, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people in a way that is easy to understand.
- Spoken and written English skills.
- Comfortable working with networking in mission critical Industrial, commercial and military applications where 100% correct operation and information is critical.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritise work accordingly.
- Diploma/ Degree in Computer Science, Data Communications, Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches (CCNA certified is a plus)
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills, TCP/IP strong knowledge
- Knowledge of legacy Serial protocols a bonus