Our client provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences.
The Program Manager will be working as part of a worldwide team within the Services organization. He/she is responsible for overseeing complex programs for our Customer Altice Group. This job offer mainly targets program management for several subsidiaries of the Altice Group (SFR, Tricom in Dominican Republic, PT MEO).
This role will require full flexibility in meeting business needs, acting as single-point-of-contact and engaging with all aspects of complex solution delivery including pre-sales, contractual documents, system architecture, R&D, supply chain, system engineering, system acceptance and in-life support. The role is customer facing and located in Issy-les-Moulineaux, with approx. 20% travel in Europe and Middle East.
- Supports Sales Account Managers during the pre-sales phase, by helping to provide answers for RFP, RFI, RFQs and subsequent phases of a program, including contributions to the development of key deliverables (e.g. high level requirements documents, letters of undertaking, statements of work with T0 plan, effort estimates etc), building account strategy and tactics.
- Assumes full end-to-end responsibility for the execution of a program during the post sales phase with no direct report (i.e. leads program teams without direct line-manager authority) and ensures that there is efficient allocation of (shared) resources and skills within programs, organizes kick-off meetings, keeps team motivated.
- Creates and maintains program plans, monitors overall progress by controlling and resolving issues and risks by initiating corrective actions as appropriate for successful outcomes.
- Ensures that projects related product delivery and/or service execution within a program feature appropriate quality level, timely execution, within allocated budget, in accordance with the program plan.
- Manages program budgets, monitors expenditures and costs against delivered and realized benefits during program execution.
- Manages changes according to the defined processes; initiates additional activities whenever gaps in the program are identified.
- Interfaces with the Head of Services Altice Group , third party vendors and internal units on program issues (e.g. system specifications, timely delivery, third party dependencies etc.). Timely escalates issues to the appropriate internal/partner department if needed, ensures that resources are obtained and allocated to the customer/ program so that issues be resolved on-time, simultaneously fulfilling customer satisfaction and requirements/ policies.
- Be responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of programs – focuses on internal consistency of programs and on coherence with infrastructure planning; interfaces with other programs, third parties and customer technical standards.
- Plans and manages day-to-day system & support requests and follow-up on hotline tickets, root-cause-analysis, health checks, memos, and any other activities related to provide contractual support and regular reports to customers while fulfilling maintenance related obligations.
- Reports about progress of ongoing programs at on a regular basis to the Key Strategic Account Services Director, Steering board meetings and to the customer, by providing accurate and timely reporting.
- Acts as an advisor to Key Strategic Account Services Director and as a mentor/advisor for other Program Managers with regards to any aspect of program management or other areas of improvements. Proactively contribute to PM excellence within the company.
- Engineering / University degree in technology/ computer science/ business management
- Ideally, an additional business qualification and/or a certification in program management
The ideal candidate will have a solid Project / Program management background within the broadcast technology industry, with experience of managing complex end-to-end customer programs. Experience will include some (or all) of service delivery platforms, OTT, Multi-DRM, Open Devices & Applications, conditional access, Cloud Technologies, middleware/UI, STBs, Anti-Piracy, Security Services, Data Analytics and IoT; ideally having managed these programs within a systems integration context. The candidate will be a team player and good communicator. The candidate must be fluent in French & English, both oral and written, and works well under pressure.
The candidate will have the following experiences:
- Proven record of managing transversal customer-oriented program teams in a multi-cultural business environment, within the DTV technology business, with a 4 to 7 year relevant experience, managing a > 1 M$ budget.
- Evidence of working within international matrix operations, excellent leadership management skills including multiple work stream management and program delivery.
- Processes, Methodology & Tools – Thorough understanding of program management methodologies (Waterfall & Agile) e.g. PMI, PRINCE2 & SCRUM. Extensive knowledge of deployment at customer sites (pre-sales, scoping, post-sales implementation). Experience with program planning tools. Proven ability to adapt/ enhance and implement improvements to PGM methodology and tools at a regional or company level.
- Proactive and Strategic Thinking: Anticipates the wider objectives of a program and business objectives. Understands current & future needs of customers, acts quickly to resolve issues.
- Strong ability to build strong and lasting relationships, good interpersonal skills with key people and opinion leaders at customers.
- Risk Assessment – Ability to assess complex technological, commercial and contractual risks related to a program, under both company and customer perspectives.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively at all levels of hierarchy with internal and external program stakeholders; solid ability to produce concise reports in plain language.
- Solves problems or pre-empt problems by employing appropriate measures and processes.
- Ability to monitor an issue resolution, challenge team members on schedule, identify workarounds & alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage stress and customer crisis
- Good mentoring & coaching skills
Fluent in French & English, both oral and written.
20% travel within Europe and Middle East