Our customer is leading provider of open and fully interoperable IP, Optical & Software solutions to service providers around the world.
Our customer is looking for a new R&D Software Development Engineer in Sophia Antipolis, the French Telecom Valley, playing a key role in the design and development of their innovative next generation virtualization solutions as part of the network Functions Virtualization Program.
The R&D Software Engineer will have as main tasks and responsibilities :
- Passionate with networking and virtualization solutions, propose innovative solutions, mockups, and an urge to « take it to the next level »
- Engage with system and solutions architects in the design and shaping of innovative solutions
- Participate in the design, architecture definition, and technical specifications of new products or enhancements of existing products.
- Perform coding of new modules following the specifications
- Investigate, analyze, correct, and document reported defects to enhance the quality of our products and our knowledge data base
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation to enrich the team’s collective know-how
Motivated software engineer, with a few years of experience, with system ans network knowledge, you can demonstrate the following :
- Software development experience : C, Python
- Knowledge of IP networks : protocols, IP stack software development (routing, security is a plus)
- Knowledge of virtualization or data path acceleration technologies would be a plus.
- Virtualization : as a user or developer, hypervisors (KVM/QEMU, VMware)…
- DPDK, DPAA, … : Processor solutions for data path acceleration
- Operating systems : knowledge of Linux (administration, development)
- System performance turning knowledge
- Open source minded, experience of some linux distribution
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Autonomous, rigorous and delivery-oriented with a commitment to quality and thorough approach to the work
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Potential and willingness for personal development ans improvement
Proactive and organized, you are able to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams. While attractive compensations will take care of your everyday life, we believe you will be delighted by the atmosphere, the energy, the team-spirit, and the fun to work on products that will shape our future.