Our client builds a legal research and analytics software for legal professionals, law firms, companies, and individuals to search through the law, manage their cases, and grow their business.
Their challenge is to offer the latest technologies in artificial intelligence through the most simple, efficient and well designed product to our customers, in a traditional industry.
With edge machine learning (including deep learning) and natural language processing (NLP) technologies to the largest database of court decisions ever gathered. Data is the core of their business.
Their vision is simple: advancing open justice around the world!
We are looking for a passionate Lead Backend Developer to join talented Backend Team, excited about creating the very best products. Backend Engineers are an essential part of company’s Product Team.
- Write NodeJS controllers for AJAX API / dynamic HTML pages, using the ExpressJS mini-framework
- Work with Data Scientists to help them prepare data in PostgreSQL tables adapted to fast real-time querying in the application
- Work with Frontend Developers to create the APIs they need
- Write optimized SQL queries in the NodeJS app to get the data
- Write ElasticSearch queries in the NodeJS app to search the indexed data
- Educate new Backend Developers to the best practices in use in the company
- Review the code of new Backend Developers
- Hire outstanding Backend Developers
- Discover the fascinating world of lawyers
Minimum qualifications :
- You have 5 years or more of industry experience working as a Backend Developer
- You have 2 years or more of industry experience in either hiring or managing Backend Developers
- You are aware of security risks faced by web applications and how to prevent them
- You are fluent in English and have at least an intermediate level in French
- You love to write high-quality code
- You are interested in the challenge of a high-availability and high-reliability application
- You understand how to optimize SQL queries
- You have some knowledge of NodeJS
- You are committed to building the best user experience
Bonus Points if…
- You are a NodeJS expert
- You have some knowledge of ElasticSearch
- You have 2 years or more of industry experience in both hiring and managing Backend Developers