Our client is a full-service global consumer and business enterprise provider headquartered in the Channel Islands. Our client offers a range of world-class services, including voice and data; consultancy; co-location; data hosting; internet; security; cloud back-up; fixed and mobile technologies; eGaming; fraud protection; Cloud Services (IaaS) and fully managed IT services. Our client is a global leader in IoT connectivity that produces over 1.4m IoT SIMs worldwide, connecting devices from heart monitors in Canada to payment systems in East Africa. Our client strives to provide a service which enables its customers to connect reliably, constantly and seamlessly.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and efficiency in deploying maintenance and security upgrades and patches of the physical and virtual linux estate in line with best practise and compliant with security policies and standards.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and efficiency in ways of monitoring, managing the linux estate and services as well as increasing security of the linux estate and of the services provided.
- Responsible for investigation, resolution and reporting of 3rd and 4th line issues identified and reported, around security (threat, malware, attacks etc.), production stability, scalability, performance and resilience of core services.
- Provide 3rd and 4th line support and service performance resolution of ISP application issues, working with other business units and in some circumstances directly with customers to resolve problems.
- Responsible for low level design, planning, implementation of new solutions and services on physical and virtual linux estate, to meet business requirements, in line with best practise, security policies and standards and adhering to security certifications (ISO27001) where relevant.
- Providing as part of the low level design the implementation plan, test plan, handover documents and QA, with agreed milestones
- Ensuring compliance of linux physical and virtual estate, environment and resource, with security policies and security certification (ISO27001), where relevant, including compliance of project deliverables by 3rd parties as well as any 3rd party access.
- Engaging with the business on future capacity, capabilities, security needs ensuring strategy for linux networks architecture and solution opportunities are available to accommodate business change and improved speed to market.
- Project management of relevant projects within Technology, including supplier management, project planning, engagement of internal engineering resource.
- Previous extensive experience administering IT systems with an expert and in depth understanding of Linux operating systems and a good understanding of Windows operating systems and expert understanding of associated open source monitoring, management, deployment and reporting tools.
- Expert understanding of ISP services / protocols /network concepts (incl IP, TCP, DNS, Mail, HTTP(s), routing, switching concepts, load balancers, layer 7 firewalls etc)
- Previous extensive experience working to and contributing to company security policy compliance as well as industry standard certification like ISO 27001.
- Expert scripting/automation capability (bash, php, python, perl etc.)
- Hold relevant technical qualifications (as defined from time to time) or able to obtain the qualifications within 24 months of appointment. Specific examples are; Certified RED Hat Administrator, LPIC III, Cisco CCNA
- Expert knowledge and thorough experience with design of virtualisation and public/private cloud technologies incl Openstack, KVM, VMware as well as Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Must establish and maintain an in-depth knowledge of current and future technologies in order to contribute to the identification of advances and improvements in ICT
- Experience of delivering IT network infrastructure projects and assessing solution performance and recommending Service
- Improvement Initiatives within large enterprise communication solutions.
- Experience constructing comprehensive quotes and/or proposals and the relevant numerical skills in order to technically size network load capacity requirements.
- Create and modify operational and technical procedures and/or best practice documents.
- Awareness of the regulation that telcos and financial businesses need to comply with, within various geographic jurisdictions.