Our customer is a leading provider of cloud based communication solutions for corporate customers.
To sustain its worldwide increasing adoption and success, our customer is looking for a Vice President, Site Reliability Engineering
Reporting to the group CTO, the Vice President, Site Reliability Engineering will be in charge of the following activities and missions:
- Provide clear vision on SRE philosophy throughout our customer organisation (impacts, benefits and costs, new methodologies) and lead the change management process with other stackholders (R&D, Support…) in a pragmatic and constructive manner
- Manage and grow our customer SRE team from 10 to 30 persons in coming 18 Months. Ensure the continued growth of the team through training, coaching, mentoring and identifying situational opportunities for our existing engineers and by hiring new talent in line with the business growth expectations.
- Work with COMEX members (Sales, Legal, Finance) to tackle business critical issues, such as
- Ensuring that our customer infrastructure services and operational organisation are able to meet our defined SLA’s.
- Identifying and mitigating against the security, privacy and compliance concerns (e.g. SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR) of a scale up.
- Optimising the infrastructure investments, by forecasting usage, identifying savings and getting the best solutions from the vendors
- Lead and redevelop our customer incident management process, including management of 24/7 cover, delivery of effective monitoring and alerting across the application and infrastructure and ownership of post incident action closure.
- Work with engineering to define and deliver for the product’s infrastructure design and build and the applications build and deployment mechanisms (CI/CD pipelines), adopting an ‘automation first’ approach and appropriate change control.
The following competencies are required for the position
- Managements skills :
- 5 to 10 years experience leading geographically dispersed teams of operations which the last 3 years have been >30 engineers with focus in a SaaS product environment.
- Significant team-building experience in fast growing companies, with the ability to plan and respond to resourcing requirements, in line with business and team member expectations.
- Communication skills
- Proven experience of evangilizing new methodologies througout the organisation (including to non technical audience)
- Experience at a COMEX/CODIR level with direct interaction with Finance, Sales & Legal will be very much appreciated
- Technical Skills
- 10+ years experience in Operations, ideally with cloud technologies in a global production environment and understand how to get the best out of the environment and services available, using modern software engineering practices (agile, devOps, infrastructure as code etc) is mandatory
- Proven experience with SRE philosophy implementation (Monitoring, Software deployment, system performance and security) is a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory, fluent French is a plus
- Synthetic, Pedagogue, Pragmatic, with a mindset of automatisation and continuous improvement.
- A good taste for negociation & financial matters will be greatly helpful to succeed in this position
The position can be based anywhere in Europe, with a preference for London, Paris or Madrid